Here in Port St. Lucie, FL, even the winter months can be hot and humid. Making sure your air conditioning unit is ready to do its job every time you flip the switch is not just a nicety, it’s an absolute necessity. Only your air conditioning unit is blowing warm air or making strange sounds. When was the last time you had it serviced? If you’re wracking your brain trying to remember or have never called an HVAC technician for preventative maintenance, there lies the problem.
The typical air conditioning unit is composed of a complex network of moving parts. Like the components of your car’s engine, those parts can wear out or break down, especially with continual use, like AC units often get in Port St. Lucie, FL. Getting it serviced regularly can nip developing problems in the bud and keep your air conditioning unit working reliably for many years.
What Takes Place During A Typical Air Conditioning Service
When you call in a professional heating and air conditioning company like American Air Cares, a certified heating and air conditioning technician will perform a thorough inspection and cleaning of your AC system. This usually takes about 90 minutes, and consists of:
- Checking the blower motor for proper amperage and voltage
- Calibrating and testing the thermostat
- Cleaning existing air filter (as needed)
- Checking bearings for wear, applying lubricant if necessary
- Inspecting indoor coil
- Flushing condensate drain and treating it with anti-algae solution
- Check condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressure of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Check electrical disconnect box for proper rating and safe installation
- Verify tightness of electrical wiring and adjust if necessary
- Inspect contactors for burning or pitting
- Check electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure supply/return temperature differential
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Test condenser amperage, volt draw, and wiring connections
Should any worn components, frayed wiring, or other issues requiring immediate action be found, your technician will recommend the best course of action and possibly make a second service appointment to fix it.
Average Cost of AC Tune-Up
The cost of servicing your AC is not a “one-size-fits-all” affair. The cost of tuning up your AC unit will depend on its make, model, age, and other factors. The base starting rate for AC service in the Port St. Lucie, FL, area is $60-70, but when you think about it, even a final bill of $100 is a lot easier on the bank account than the thousands it would cost to replace your AC unit!
Peace Of Mind? Priceless
The monetary outlay of getting regular service for your AC unit is a small price to pay for the reassurance that comes from knowing your system will perform its designed function, every time you use it. Regular AC tune-ups will also keep your home’s air quality clean, so your family doesn’t suffer from allergies or respiratory problems. In the long term, getting your AC unit serviced regularly will save you thousands on your utility bills, and ensure that your home cooling system lasts for up to 15 years. Call American Air Cares annually to ensure trouble-free operation of your AC unit, and year-round comfort for your family.