Air ducts are a vital component of your air conditioning/heating unit—and a vital part of ensuring your home has high air quality.
On average, there is often more than 100 feet of ductwork installed to throughout your home to support your air conditioning system. Over time, mold, allergens, and dust build up if not cleaned out of the duct system on a fairly regular basis. When running, the air is pulled into and through the vents, cleaned (or conditioned), cooled/heated, and sent back through the air ducts. As part of this process, the installed air filter blocks dust and dirt from recycling through the system—but it's important to remember that even the most efficient air filter is not 100% effective and anything that gets through moves through your air ductwork.
Benefits of Clean Air Ducts
- A more efficient air conditioner. which increases energy savings throughout the year.
- Cleaner air and relief for allergy symptoms related to poor indoor air quality.
- A decrease in dust on furniture and in your home.
A Few Questions to Consider...
- Do you regularly replace the filter every 30 days?
- Are you using pleated filters?
- Do you have pets in your home? This will increase dander and dust in your system.
- Do you burn candles or incense? Some types of candles can contaminate ductwork.
- Is the coil clean?
To ensure good air quality and increase your system's efficiency, schedule an appoint to have an experienced American Air Cares technician deep clean your duct work as well as your air handler. Call American Air Cares today and use our coupon for a discount on your next cleaning!
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured air conditioning company that will provide you with CARE – Courteous, Affordable, Repairs, Every time.