Why Should You Invest In A Smart Thermostat?
Nowadays smart devices have become an integral part of our lives and our homes. One such modern gadget that you can have in your home is a smart thermostat. A thermostat is a staple in homes with a heating and cooling unit. It's time to go a step further and install a smart thermostat the next time you think your existing one is malfunctioning and needs to be changed.
A smart thermostat, like any other smart device, provides a host of benefits that makes your life easier, including saving on your utility bills. In this article, we discuss why do you need to consider investing in this gadget and its advantages. Read on to learn more.
What is a Smart Thermostat?
As the name suggests, a smart thermostat is a device that can control the temperature of your home with automation technology. Most smart thermostats connect to the wifi network and can be synced with your phone and tablet, usually through an app. You install this specific app on to your phone (or tablet) and use that to control the temperatures in your home, remotely.
Smart thermostats are perfect for modern families, where members work and spend a lot of time outside and yet can have control over the heating and cooling systems of their homes through the touch of a button. So if you think it is time to upgrade your thermostat, then why not consider this latest device?
Smart Thermostats vs. Regular Thermostats
A regular or conventional thermostat allows you to control the temperature in your home by the use of a control panel or a dial. You can set the temperature only when you are at home and have access to this panel. In contrast, a smart thermostat effectively allows temperature control by implementing a three-part system.
The first component transmits information wirelessly to the smart thermostat that is installed in your home. The thermostat itself is the second part and the aforementioned app is the third component. You can perform temperature control either through the app or directly through the thermostat itself. This makes the system flexible and easily manageable.
Advantages of Smart Thermostats
Now the question is why should you think of investing in a smart thermostat? Well, there are some very compelling advantages of switching to this device, as mentioned below.
- You will be able to control the temperature of your house even when you are away. This is especially useful if you travel a lot and to come back to a home which is perfectly cool during summers or just enough warm during the winter. No more waiting for the house to reach the right temperature after you are back from your travels.
- Another potent advantage of having a smart thermostat is the savings you can have on your utility bill. By being able to manage the temperature easily through the app on your phone, you can ensure that the HVAC system is not kept running unnecessarily, thus saving a lot of electricity.
- If you are someone who is forgetful about switching your thermostat off when leaving the house, then this device is definitely for you. No more fretting over whether you remembered to switch off the thermostat once you are out of the house. Simply use your app to turn it off or on.
Some Additional Points
Before you go ahead and invest in a smart thermostat, there are a couple of points that you must consider.
- Needless to say, smart thermostats are a bit on the expensive side when compared to conventional ones. They usually come somewhere between $200 to $500.
- There are several manufacturers in the market, each with their distinctive features. Choose a thermostat that is best suited to your needs for the maximum benefits.
- Since these devices are a bit more complex than regular ones, it is always prudent to take the help of professionals during installation.
If you are on the lookout for a professional AC contractor in Port St. Lucie, Stuart, Palm City or Ft. Pierce, Florida, search no further than American Air Cares. Our licensed, insured and highly experienced professionals can help you with all your AC needs- including thermostat installation. Additionally, we are a family-owned and operated business with more than 20 years of industry experience and we guarantee quality services.