Air ducts are an important component to your HVAC system because they’re the pathways for air to travel throughout your home. Cleaning your air ducts play a significant role in air quality but eventually air ducts need to be replaced. Over time, your air ducts begin to wear out and routine maintenance won’t be enough to keep your HVAC system running properly. So how do you know when they need to be replaced?
Signs Your Air Duct Needs to be Replaced
Because the ventilation system plays a significant factor with how your home is heated or cooled, there are various signs to look out for when deciding whether or not your air duct needs to be replaced. Here are a few signs to look out for:
- Your HVAC system is working hard despite the environment not reaching the desired temperature.
- Your energy bill is higher than normal.
- Your ductwork is 10-15 years old.
- You’ve noticed an increase in dust and pollutants.
- Ductwork is leaking, causing damage to your ceiling and furniture.
Benefits of Air Duct Replacement
HVAC systems work properly with an airtight sealed air duct. Without a well-maintained air duct, the HVAC system loses its effectiveness. Luckily, our highly trained professionals can provide you with an air duct replacement that both you and your HVAC system can benefit from. The benefits of an air duct replacement are:
- With proper duct work you will avoid wasted energy, which means a lower energy bill.
- The indoor air quality of your home will improve greatly.
- The comfort levels in your home will stabilized and heat or cool faster.
Think You Need Your Air Duct Replaced?
American Air Cares has been a leading expert in air conditioning repairs in Port St. Lucie for over 25 years, and we will be glad to provide you with quality service to replace your air ducts and ensure your HVAC system is working efficiently. For more information on how to replace your air ducts, give our team a call now.