Spring is Nearly Here – Don’t Forget About Your HVAC System!
Although the season’s shift from winter to spring isn’t as dramatic as further north, now’s the perfect time for homeowners to have their HVAC system serviced in preparation of the upcoming summer months (which will be here before we know it along the Treasure Coast). By cleaning and servicing your system now, you can correct any small problems that will turn into bigger problems and affect your comfort this summer when the temperatures soar.
Before you call in the professionals, there are a few things you can do to help your system run as efficiently as possible.
- Turn on the AC system: Chances are you, you’ve had it off for a while this winter, with the temperature requiring just open windows for a comfortable breeze. Be sure that you test the system to find out now if there are any issues that need to be addressed.
- Change the filters: We cannot stress enough the importance of clean filters to the capability of your AC system and, ultimately, your overall comfort and health. Replace (or clean) filters no less than every three months, though we recommend more often.
- Clear the area around the outdoor unit: Maintain the landscaping around the outdoor condenser unit and clear away and bushes, plants, fallen palm fronds, etc. Also consider gently rinsing away and dirt, grass, and other debris from the condenser coils. Clean coils make for a happy AC system.
Once these things are done, there are some tasks that only a trained professional should do be responsible for.
- Yearly service: Having your yearly maintenance and inspections done in the spring help ensure that your system is fully functioning at peak performance once the summer heat begins. During this visit, American Air Cares technicians thoroughly clean the system, including the evaporator coils; check refrigerant levels; and test all electrical components to ensure it is running efficiently.
- Duct inspection and cleaning: You should have your of duct system fully inspected and cleaned approximately every three to five years. During this inspection/cleaning, the technician will thoroughly clean the duct system, check the system for leaks, and—if necessary—repair any leaks (with your go-ahead).
American Air Cares is licensed, insured and our professionals are here to help you with any questions you have about air conditioning service in Port St. Lucie. Additionally, we are a family-owned and operated business with more than 20 years of industry experience. We guarantee quality services.