Prevent Costly AC Repairs with Proper Service & Maintenance
With summer just around the corner, it's time to start thinking about cooling your home. As summer temperatures rise in Florida, your air conditioning system quickly upgrades from a source of comfort to an absolute necessity. No one wants to experience AC failure in the middle of a heat wave. While you can't predict the future, there are ways to avoid unexpected problems with your air conditioner.
Instead of waiting for problems at the most crucial time of the year, you can avoid lapses in service and costly repairs with routine preventive maintenance. While it's generally common knowledge that some systems require regular maintenance, most homeowners don't realize their air conditioning system could benefit from the power of prevention. Think about it, you don't wait until your car stops running to have the oil changed. The same philosophy applies to the cooling system in your home. Your air conditioner needs proper care to run efficiently.
What Is Preventive Maintenance?
Preventive maintenance is the professional cleaning and inspections of all parts of your air conditioning system. Most homeowners realize that regular filter replacement is important. However, there are many other components in your air conditioner. Without regular maintenance, your air conditioner will lose effectiveness and likely cost more to run. These services are provided during an American Air Cares preventive maintenance visits:
- Refrigerant levels check
- Duct system leak inspection
- Airflow check of the evaporator coil
- Inspection (and cleaning if necessary) of the condensing coil
- Clean and tightening of electrical connections
- Drain line flush
- Inspection of overall efficiency
- Accuracy check for the thermostat
- Maintenance report with recommendations
This thorough service will allow a professional cleaning and check-up of your AC system before potential problems arise.
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance for Your Cooling System
It's easy to take your air conditioner for granted. When you use the system daily, you aren't likely to notice the slow decline that comes with dirt buildup and aging seals and filters. Seeking professional preventive maintenance will help you ensure your air conditioning system is working at top efficiency and extend how long the system will last. Some benefits of regular maintenance include:
- Lower energy bills - Dust buildup in the filters and coils of your AC system can drastically reduce air flow, making your air conditioner work harder without cooling as effectively. Clean filters alone can improve your systems energy effectivity by 5% to 15%.
- Reduction of indoor allergies - Common indoor allergy triggers are dust and mold. An air conditioner can breed the perfect conditions for these triggers when regular maintenance is neglected. Filters and coils become traps for dust that may be released back into the air. A clogged drain system prevents the unit from reducing humidity which allows excess moisture to build on walls and carpets.
- Longer life-span for your air conditioner - No one wants to think of the costs related to replacing an entire air conditioning system. An air conditioner that is properly maintained can last well over a decade.
- Avoid expensive repairs - You've likely heard the old saying "Prevention is the best medicine." This advice holds true for your air conditioning system. Regular maintenance can keep working parts in order to avoid costly replacements.
- A cooler home - Proper maintenance of your air conditioning system improves air flow, prevents leaky ducts and seals, and ensures refrigerant is at the right levels. These factors combine to allow your system to function efficiently and keep your home cooler.
Call the experts at American Air Cares for all your AC service needs in Port St. Lucie, Martin County, and Indian River. Avoid costly repairs to your home's AC unit with preventive maintenance. Our professional team can ensure your air conditioning system is in top working condition for the scorching summer months ahead.